Education- Medical Student-The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio- Long School of Medicine- Class of 2018.
- The University of Texas at Austin (2008-2012) -Major: B.S. Cell and Molecular Biology-High & Special Departmental Honors -Honor Roll, 8/8 semesters
ExperienceI really love teaching and I do my best to make students master the material. The process of teaching is very rewarding to me and I sincerely enjoy it. My qualifications that help me do that are listed below:
1- First-Year Medical School Thoracic Anatomy Tutor October, 2017
- Performed prosections on cadavers, recorded instructional videos, offered guidance to students during anatomy dissections, and tutored students on weekends and weekday evenings to help them better grasp thoracic anatomy.
2- First-Year Medicine Tutor-The University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio
- Instructed first year medical students at UTHSA in topics related to Microbiology, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Basic Pharmacology, and Introductory Physiology.
3- Biochemistry Instructor-UTHSA JAMP Summer Program 06/2015
- Taught a medical biochemistry course to 24 senior pre-medical undergraduate students in their 5-week Joint Admissions Medical Program (JAMP) summer academy at UTHSA; created and delivered 2-hour lectures 4 times weekly, with 3 weekly quizzes and an 80-question final exam.
4- Tutor-UniversityTutor.com 2012-Present
- Tutored high school, college, and nursing students in College-Level Algebra, Calculus I, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, College-Level Calculus-based Physics I, Anatomy, College-Level Biology, Microbiology & Immunology.
5- Preceptor- Peer-Led Undergraduate Study- UT-Austin
- Led and facilitated study groups on a weekly basis for students in Vertebrate Systems Physiology and Biochemistry II.
6- Facilitator-Arabic Circle-Partnership to Advance Languages-UT-Austin 2009-2011
- Taught Arabic to upper-division Arabic majors at UT-Austin; introduced students to the region’s history and culture through various activities.
1- Research Assistant-Congestive Heart Failure Study- Dr. Anand Prasad
- Analyzed data inspecting the relationship between peripheral artery disease (PAD) in heart failure (HF) patients; developed recommendations on screening for PAD in HF patients; presented findings in a poster.
2- Research Assistant-UTHSA-Department of Microbiology-Dr. Joel Baseman
- Investigated the role of Annexin A2 in the binding and trafficking of the Mycoplasma pneumoniae Community Acquired Respiratory Distress Syndrome (CARDS) toxin; designed and conducted experiments elucidating the interaction of Annexin A2 and CARDS toxin, and the intracellular processing of the toxin in different cells lines; interpreted and presented findings in multiple poster presentations; published the results in an article in a peer-reviewed journal as a first co-author.
3-Undergraduate Research Assistant, Dr. O’Halloran’s Cell Bio Lab, Austin, TX Investigated the role of Hip1r phosphorylation in clathrin-mediated endocytosis in the amoebic species Dictyostelium discoideum. Summarized my findings in an Undergraduate Special Honors Thesis: Investigation of The Role of Hip1r Phosphorylation in Clathrin-mediated Endocytosis in Dictyostelium discoideum.
4-Undergraduate Research Assistant, Dr. Sata’s Molecular Bio Lab, Austin, TX
Identified an unknown genomic DNA sequence from algae Chlorella vulgaris through bioinformatics.
-Published the gene sequence on NCBI’s GenBank: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/JQ697838
Hobbies- Cooking: I love cooking Middle Eastern recipes. When cooking for friends, I mostly make dolmas and spinach stew. I am also into Asian food, and currently exploring Asian recipes.
- Reading: I enjoy non-fiction. I most recently read “Triumphs of Experience” and “The Power of Habit.”
- Running: I run a few miles every other day to decompress and stay healthy. I am currently working on training for a half-marathon.
MCAT Biological Sciences, GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, Math, Middle School Math, PSAT Mathematics, SAT Math, 10th Grade, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, CLEP College Mathematics, ACT Math, Life Sciences, 11th Grade, CLEP Natural Sciences, 12th Grade, 8th Grade, ACT Science, 9th Grade, 7th Grade, MCAT Physical Sciences, Science, Nursing/NCLEX, Biology, Cell Biology, GRE Subject Test in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, SAT Subject Test in Biology E/M, Anatomy, Pathophysiology, AP Biology, SAT Subject Test in Chemistry, AP Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemistry, General Chemistry, GRE Subject Test in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, GRE Subject Test in Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physiology
Client Reviews (5)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.